Tuesday, January 24, 2017

I AM



All living organisms are classified into groups based on their basic and shared characteristics. Organisms within each group are then further divided into smaller groups which makes it easier for them to be studied. This obviously mean that they all have an origination, they all have a source that can tell us who they are and how they existed. And everything that comes into being will surely go out of being.

Don't be alarmed, this isn't a Science class but to help in further understanding what we'll be discussing.

God introduced Himself to Moses as I Am that I Am or as other Bible versions put it as I Am who I Am. God's absolute being means He never had a beginning, He just is.  The word 'Am' is an inflection of 'Be' meaning to exist. Notice God said 'I Am' making Him present.  The question I would have asked if in Moses' shoes was 'I Am What/ Who exactly?'

Along the years we've been able to put in words as to who He is during certain times of our lives. If God had said 'I Am King' it will mean He is the King and He wouldn't be more than a King, but I Am Who I Am gives us a space to add who He is because He didn't specifically tell us who exactly He is.

It's similar when asked the name of a certain individual, and the reply turns out to be 'My name is Steve,' meaning He's been defined as that name and He can't bear the name John because it's not who he is neither can he be more than Steve.  But God just said I Am...

Now it's left for us to fill in the blanks. Whenever you are faced with difficulties or challenges you call unto the I AM THAT I AM and at that moment He becomes who you want Him to be. He could be your provider at that moment, your Mighty God in battle, your deliverer, your helper, your King, your Savior and the list can go on and on. He can be what and who you need at that moment because He Is Who He Is. He is Who you want Him to mean to you.

He is present, He exists, His throne is everlasting, I Am who I Am, meaning He is not dependent on anything or anyone to bring Him into being or support His existence. He is not limited and He exists till eternity.

I AM     The Help you Need.
              The Love you Seek
              The Care you Want
              The Life you Want
              The Health you Need
              The Breath of Life
              The Bread of Life
              The Shield in your Battle
              The Wealth you Desire
              The Confidence you Seek
              The Fulfilment you Seek
              The Satisfaction you Need
              The Wisdom you Want

It goes on and on because He is Who He Is, all through the Scriptures we see WHO HE IS. It is assuring to know that He can still do the same Miracles and He still remain the Same because He doesn't grow old or out of form. As generations come and go He REMAINS I AM THAT I AM. Now we know why He's called the Ancient of days, because He is Eternal.

No matter what you might be facing wake up each morning knowing I AM THAT I AM is by your side. He has done it in times past and He'll keep doing it.

Isn't it Awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment